Friday, August 14, 2009

Gambit: "Waco Jim" Cavanaugh and Gran Torino.

"Waco Jim" Cavanaugh

It struck me, when I was sending a copy of the last post to "Waco Jim" Cavanaugh, that he probably wishes he had made better choices in 1993 and later, in 1995 when he committed perjury about fire from the helicopters in front of Congress. I mean, unless he's a real mad dog (and informants say he isn't), he's got to hate that moniker "Waco Jim." I mean, really HATE it.

Which, of course, is why I do my damnedest to popularize it. No one ever answered for that monstrous crime. We all still live under "Waco Rules." And Cavanaugh, perhaps not the most guilty of the culpable feds, but certainly one of them, ought to be irritated. It is oh-so-minor payback for his very real sins.

One of my friends yesterday asked me again to explain what a gambit was. I started to give him a chess board reply, then realized there was a concrete example he could better relate to.

"Ever see Gran Torino?" I asked him.

"Sure. It's a great flick."

"Remember the end, when Eastwood goes over to the gang-banger's house and beats the hell out of one of them, then he comes back and tricks them into firing on an unarmed man?"

"Yeah, they shot the shit out of him."

"That was a gambit."

"You WANT the ATF to shoot the shit out of you?"

"No, it's a gambit. The pawn noves forward and occupies the square in chess, why? Because while he's on it, the opposition can't occupy it. They can't move forward in that little neck of the chess board woods because he's there. But if they take him, they open themselves up to other counter-moves that they REALLY won't enjoy. Pawn grubbing in chess is a quick way to lose."

"Mike, the feds kill people all the time and get away with it."

"No they don't. Not all the time. And until the Obamanoids declare war on the American people, they still have to explain themselves to somebody in a court of law. Remember I said about how cockroaches hate the light? Well they really do. And the ATF will not be able to righteously bust me because I have been scrupulous about obeying the law as it now stands. Every time in the 90s they would send a snitch or a provocateur to entrap me, I would pick up the phone and call the state ABI. I have nothing in my house that is illegal, and in fact I've dispersed most everything legal I do own to deny them the "big bad dangerous arsenal" photograph. Back in the 90s, I put pieces of rebar and sprinkles of black powder in every soffit in my house I could find, just to be able to read the headlines: 'ATF tears local man's house apart, finds nothing.'"

"But they can still kill you and plant something on you."

"Sure, but the thing is, WILL THEY BE BELIEVED? Anybody who knows me, or has read my stuff on the Internet, knows what I just told you is true. I don't mess with illegal crap. Period. So, say they plant something. It doesn't change a thing."

"Yeah it does, you'll be in federal prison."

"No I won't. I'm not taking Olofson's Choice. We know now thanks to Olofson and others that you can't get a fair federal trial, and the prisons are filled with people who hate me. The Aryan Brotherhood would kill me as soon as look at me. I've fought racist shits like them all my life, and what's worse, I've been effective at it. The Muslim Brotherhood hates my skin color. MS-13 would kill me because I was a Minuteman and worked the border. Hell, if I thought I could get solitary confinement I might submit, but do you think I would get any consideration from the Bureau of Prisons? They're just another claw on the Leviathan Beast. Just ask poor Olofson. So no, I won't go to prison. I won't even submit to arrest. They have removed that option. When you can't get a fair trial, then all you're left with is an unfair shootout. I've said that before and I mean it. I am an innocent man. I will die an innocent man at the hand of unconstitutional criminal thugs acting under color of law. There are worse ways to die."

"They'll 'taze you bro.' From behind in the grocery store. Drop you right in the vegetable section." We both laughed.

"So? I've got congestive heart failure. The jolt would probably kill me anyway. Heck, even if they throw a net over me, I can still struggle until my heart gives out. I will not submit."

I looked at him and repeated, "I will NOT submit."

"OK. OK. You don't have to convince me, you gotta convince Cavanaugh."

"No I don't. I just have to introduce 'strategic and tactical uncertainty.' That's what a gambit is all about. Cavanaugh's not stupid. Don't ever make the mistake of thinking your enemy is stupid. You'll get yourself and other people killed. Cavanaugh is smart enough to know that taking me out just for what I say, no matter how he hates WHAT I say, is risky. There's courts, there's oversight and then there's the 'One Hundred Heads.'"

"Yeah, I remember that."

"So, he may think that all of that is just talk, but what if it isn't? What if, in order to silence me, he starts a war? He may not believe that. Hell, he probably doesn't. BUT HE CAN'T BE SURE. Look, most of these guys just want to make it to retirement and draw Uncle Sugar's pennies. They're not evil in and of themselves, they just represent an out-control agency that nobody responsible has called to account. That's what makes them so dangerous on the one hand because they think, some of them, that they can get away with anything because they always have. People like that start wars. On the other hand, almost all of them care deeply about surviving long enough to draw their pensions and are allergic to anything that might threaten that. Which brings us back to Gran Torino."

"Huh?"

"Gambit, remember? Does killing me, or more importantly ANYBODY high profile on our side, bring on more trouble than that individual's removal is worth? Because remember, how we got here was a muttered ATF threat on the guy I wrote Holder about. This is far bigger than just me. In fact, it's not really about me at all, so much as it is backing down the Obamanoids and an agency that not even they control, without ANYBODY getting killed. Them or us. So, we must generate strategic and tactical uncertainty. Gambit. Look, every chess player worth his salt recognizes a gambit when it happens. The smart ones figure a way around it. The stupid ones don't and usually lose." I paused.

"The other possibility is that this is all delusions of grandeur on my part and Cavanaugh is merely mildly amused at my blathering. But reports say he isn't. And the threats against the other guy are sure enough real."

"So what if Cavanaugh's too stupid to see it's a gambit?"

"He's not. But even if he is, so what? Our side wins in the end." I pointed to the heavens.

"Oh, shit Mike, quit yer preachin'."

I laughed.

11 comments:

ScottJ said...

I have his lie about the helicopter fire on tape somewhere.

Also have from the same hearings him waving around a .50 BMG claiming they were taking fire from it.

As far as I know none were found in the ashes of Waco.

I had been thinking abot trashing the hearing tapes since they take up space in my basement. Maybe I should hang onto them a bit longer.

Anonymous said...

[E]very chess player worth his salt recognizes a gambit when it happens. The smart ones figure a way around it. The stupid ones don't and usually lose.--MVB

You foil a gambit by returning the sacrificed material at an opportune moment, sometimes with an improvement in position.

What is to keep the BATmen from sacrificing one of their own in exchange for one of ours? They will take you out and put the blame on one of their own scrupulously honest agents.

This rids them of two trouble-makers and gives the false impression that they are desperately trying to purge their own ranks of loose cannons.

Their Congressional approval rating goes up and the patriot movement loses a valuable asset. This results in a win-win for the bad guys.

You are not a pawn, Mike; you are a major piece, and judging from your sermonizing, I rate you as a bishop.

In chess praxis, you "over-protect" your best-placed pieces. Google up Nimzowitsch, My System, "prophylaxis" to see what I mean.

Take good care of yourself. We need you to live a good long life.

MALTHUS

Anonymous said...

Mike, please be careful, you have family, your wife, your precious children.

Also, I hope that any enemies that you have won't be that STUPID to start shit with you, because I SURE AS HELL WILL NOT SIT BACK AND DO NOTHING, and I am DEAD ASS SERIOUS.

Anything you need, just holla at me.

Weaver said...

Living out in the middle of the AZ desert I don't know that many folks but I'm sure somewhere in Alabama and elsewhere there are people who would consider Mike's untimely departure as the LAST STRAW, and do what they thought was needed to correct the situation.
Obviously no sane person wants a war but from what I have seen of these politions the last couple weeks, they are far from sane. Some of these senators/congressman actually believe they are some sort of royalty and should not have to speak to the American people.

Weaver

Anonymous said...

Put another way:

Hey, y’all prepare yourself
For the Rubberband man
You never heard a sound
Like the rubberband man
You’re bound to lose control
When the Rubberband starts to jam

Doo doo doo doo doo

;^D

Brass said...

Problem with the "Gran Torino" gambit, and real life. All the witnesses saw was a man standing, facing a group of guys, and the man reach into his jacket very quickly, and menacingly. That's all that everyone saw. It would have looked like self-defense to the witnesses, and me, the moviegoer.

No matter what they were convicted of, those thugs would only have gotten out in 3 to 5 anyway. And we know how much time ATF thugs spend in prison. Yes, they will believe the ATF. Even though some of us know you're sane, you'd be someone who "provoked" them and "had it coming." They'd probably try to paint you as a child molester, like they did with Koresh. Who wants to touch a child molester with a 10 foot pole? Who wants to defend the memory and life of a child molester? It was a beautiful spin doctor move on the part of the jackbooted thugs.

Anonymous said...

What?! He dies? Thanks for ruining the ending for me!

;)

Anonymous said...

In Gran Torino, Clint does NOT reach into his jacket "very quickly". He does it quite slowly and deliberately.

Anonymous said...

As pointed out above, Clint's character moves slowly, he is unarmed on a public side-walk where he has a right to be. There is no way that his murder could be misinterpreted as self-defense except by those with the mindset of a BATFE or any other Federal agent.

Happy D said...

Mike said
Back in the 90s, I put pieces of rebar and sprinkles of black powder in every soffit in my house I could find, just to be able to read the headlines: 'ATF tears local man's house apart, finds nothing.'"
What other traps have you set for them in the past? Any that have caught them any that you can share now? Please share any you can. I now have lots of rebar cutting to do. Now they must tear up the house and dig up the yard. Why don't I think this stuff.

Anonymous said...

With respect to the rebar and black powder sprinkles, do you really think the BATFU will find "nothing?" I would think that if they tore down a house and their was nothing their, they would have cover their butts. Heck, in the Olofson case, they found a machine gun where one didn't exist. At Waco, they burnt down an entire structure with people inside just to cover evidence. While that structure was burning, They fired upon people trying to escape out the back. Had their been no press cameras in the front, nobody would have escaped that fire alive. Two huge doors that would have gone along way to showing who fired first magically vanished.