Sunday, August 28, 2016

Sunday Jams - The Band

One of the Old Mans favorites.  They just do not make them like this anymore.


idahobob said...

The Band was and still is one of my favorites.


Anonymous said...

The music a mans loves says volumes more about him than a million close friends could ever know.


KBCraig said...

I recently bought the entire movie, and I’ve watched it multiple times.

It is truly timeless music.

Anonymous said...

In my younger days, I 'breast fed' on Neil Young songs, learning to play most of them on guitar while my female friend sang. As time went on, I began hearing and seeing how old Neil was pretty much a left wing guy. I was heart broken. Now I'm just mad at what I feel was a betrayal. Are you telling me that Mike was a Neil Young fan?

Dutchman6 said...


Yes, he listened to Neil Young. And CCR, and a whole lot of others. Just because you disagree politically, doesn't mean you have to stop listening to music. Or drive a car. Or have home insurance. Or purchase food.

Life goes on.

Ken said...

Love the Band. Also CCR, Gram Parsons, and Neil Young. Heck, the Dixie Chicks too. The Dixie Chicks/Toby Keith feud always amused me, considering they were two of a dwindling number of reasonably authentic country acts. I don't get my entertainment taste from Rand Paul, and I don't get my foreign policy direction from guitar slingers.

Kenneth Moore said...

Also loved the rock of the Band. I had a tape back In the day of
"The Doors and The Band Meet Head On." Great music still today.