Sunday, March 30, 2014

Well, that's not optimal.

For those of you who have been asking, it seems that Bill Mauldin's cartoon above is the only alternative that makes sense for the clothes washer, which is now an ex-washer, incapable of being repaired. Great timing. My oldest daughter, who seems to have but one set of work clothes that requires laundering every night, took the news particularly hard. I think she expected me to have a laying-on of hands to miraculously resurrect it. It has however, like Month Python's dead parrot, shuffled off the mortal coil. Since Rosey will need a reliable one while I'm in the Kentucky-Ohio-Indiana-Michigan area of operations for a month, I'll probably go down to the power company tomorrow and get a new one delivered on the installment plan.

6 comments:

Dr.D said...

One word "Crags List" well two


Dr.D

Jeff Johnson said...

Say! When and where are you going to be in Kentucky?!

Smelly Cat Feet said...

One word; laundromat.

Anonymous said...

For one reason or another, I've been unable to replace my dead washer. I've found that, in addition to clean clothes, the laundromat provides me with an excellent opportunity for me to keep up with my reading.

Backwoods Engineer said...

Before I came to Alabama, I had never before seen utility companies that sold appliances, and charged it to your power bill! I guess this is popular because people would rather pay for things on an installment plan, rather than put it on a credit card or buy it outright with cash.

Anonymous said...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ukraine-crisis/tour-ukraine-russia-border-finds-no-signs-military-buildup-n67336

versus

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/28/world/europe/russia-ukraine-troop-buildup/

Question: WTF?