Friday, March 21, 2014

Sharyl Attkisson: There Is Coordination Between Reporters And Politicians

Responding to comments regarding a Phoenix television reporter yesterday who initially claimed that the White House pre-screens questions from reporters, Attkisson said, “I wouldn’t surprised if sometimes there is that level of cooperation with some questions. If I need something answered from the White House and they won’t tell me, I’ll call our White House Correspondent. They’re friendlier with the White House Correspondents in general. So the White House Correspondent may ask Jay Carney or one of his folks about an issue and they will be told ‘ask that at the briefing and we’ll answer it.’ They want to answer it in front of everybody. They do know it’s coming and they’ll call on you. There’s that kind of coordination sometimes. I wouldn’t be shocked if there’s sometimes more coordination. I don’t think it’s everybody on every briefing, every day. I’m pretty sure it’s not. But I think people would be surprised at the level of cooperation reporters have in general with politicians.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course! That's what the gaggle is all about. Authorized journalists call it professional courtesy. I call it collaboration.

I submit that a team of fifteen people who write on these pages daily, mike included obviously, could smoke the white house press corps like trees in the California summertime with to the point questions of substance and relevance.

The Senate "has the votes" to apply yet another title of nobility to those authorized journalists - affording only the select few first amendment protections.

Many understand that the Second Amendment is disregarded frequently. Far less truly understand that the entire constitution has been disregarded by the treasonous bastards called "politicians".

Anonymous said...

"But I think people would be surprised at the level of cooperation reporters have in general with politicians.”

Yep!

And they're going to be surprised as hell when the chickens come home to roost as well!

We don't need to cho you no steenking checks and balances!

Anonymous said...

With all respect to the intrepid Ms Attkisson, I would not be surprised at absolutely ANY level of collusion (excuse me "cooperation") between "authorized journalists" and politicians - ESPECIALLY the White House.

But I am a cynic. Very little the left does surprises me unless it is something that is apparently good.

Anonymous said...

NO SHIT!

REALLY!

I'd never have figured that out!

Let me see, one reports the "news" and the other says the same thing! They both use anyone they can find with sufficient credentials, to support their positions and they are all either Marxists or self serving opportunists, being used by Marxists.

Finally the cat is out of the bag and I can rest assured that the truth will be their undoing!

Only it isn't true now is it?

They aren't going to be stopped that easily, are they?