Monday, July 1, 2013

Hoplophobes scare spineless jellyfish in Custer County CO

Colorado GOP holds a convention.
July 4 parade nearly nixed over tea party plans to bring unloaded guns.
And this in a county that has a "constitutional sheriff" and is politically dominated by the GOP. At the moment, I guess it's a good thing I didn't waste time and resources and risk my health going there. We'll see how it turns out.
LATER: Not that the GOP won't use the issue to its advantage -- "Colorado's new gun laws become a mobilizing issue for Republicans." But if they can't even stand up for principle in politically safe Custer County, what good are the bastards?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"...what good are the bastards?"

Not a damn thing, I'm afraid.

FedUp said...

I think this is more about the often anti-gun Chamber of Commerce, which tried to shut the parade down, than the GOP, especially when a city government decided to pay for the parade after the Chamber backed out of the deal.