Saturday, May 16, 2009

Some eternal truths I was reminded of at the Birmingham gun show today.



Ruminations by the light of a full moon at midnight.

1. Life is not a movie and there are no superheroes to save us. With the help of Almighty God, we must save ourselves, or failing that, to stand in the gap for those who cannot yet stand for themselves, come what may.

2. The law is not just whatever a U.S. attorney in tight underwear defines it to be.

3. We all feel small and alone when pitted against the Leviathan, except when we are reminded how truly mighty we really are en masse.

4. No matter if we suffer small defeats -- even if we do not survive them -- our side wins in the end and their side burns in Hell forever.

5. The only thing better than uncompromised dead drops are encrypted live drops.

6. Finally there is this: The following song is sung in the most unlikely of places, you stupid, clueless Obamanoid lackeys:

Some folks are born made to wave the flag,
Ooh, they're red, white and blue.
And when the band plays "Hail to the chief",
Ooh, they point the cannon at you, Lord,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son.
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no,

Yeah!
Some folks are born silver spoon in hand,
Lord, don't they help themselves, oh.
But when the taxman comes to the door,
Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yes,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no millionaire's son, no.
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no.

Some folks inherit star spangled eyes,
Ooh, they send you down to war, Lord,
And when you ask them, "How much should we give?"
Ooh, they only answer More! more! more! yoh,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no military son, son.
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, one.

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no no no,
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate son, no no no.


For you think this is a simple 70s anti-war song and embrace it as your own, when it is in fact an anti-tyranny song, and tyranny indelibly stains the souls of those who practice it. To your eternal sorrow, you will discover that God ensures that evil contains the seeds of its own destruction. But the Oath, the Oath, to God and to liberty, lives forever.

You poor bastards, you have us surrounded.

4 comments:

Sean said...

Good 'un. I was thinking too, of George Harrison singing, "You got to pay your dues, if you want to sing the blues, and you know it don't come easy".

ParaPacem said...

All those thoughts emanated from your hours at the show? It is true that inspiration can arise from any setting at all, if our hearts and minds are open to truth. Equally true that there seems to be something about midnight hours which brings out the ability to ponder, reflect and dream.
Well said.

Defender said...

The ATF dynamic-entry assault on a mobile home in a trailer park because the resident's son was arrested but not convicted when a friend wrote a bad check 34 YEARS AGO -- the friend was convicted of a nonviolent felony, the son has never been arrested since -- because the son moved in and Dad owns a few guns... locked up but the key hangs in the kitchen...
"If they had just come to the door [WITHOUT the battering ram], I would have talked to them." The door was unlocked anyway.
Eternal truth: The "federal master key' will be used if they have it. Any excuse is a reason.
They took down a woman leaving for work, putting her on the ground at gunpoint in the driveway, knee in her back.
Al Capone never got this treatment.
I sent a link to the article to my Congresspeople. They've been in office long enough to defuse the ATF nut-bomb. Instead, the craziness is on the rise again. Shiny new headquarters, bigger budget.
20 acres 20 miles from Nowhere, Montana, is looking mighty good.

straightarrow said...

I read that Defender and I noticed that there was no word on the son ever being convicted of anything. I thought that perhaps it was just incompetent reporting, since I cannot see how the BATFE would even be aware of the son or that he would have any record of any kind since he was never to trial if the paper was accurate in its omission of such data.

Which of course means if they were accurate in their omission of such data, the BATFE can no longer deny being a terrorist organization. Somehow I don't Napolitano or Holder are jump all over that.

Oddly the word verification is "sheese"