Tuesday, May 17, 2016

"The Gurka RPV Civilian Edition, a street-legal tactical vehicle designed to withstand just about anything."

"If and when the apocalypse ever comes, it won’t be the meek who inherit the Earth. It will be whoever can afford one of these bullet-proof beasts: Introducing the Ghurka RPV Civilian Edition, a street-legal, 13,500-pound off-road vehicle designed to roll through war zones like a rhinoceros in a petting zoo. Built by Terradyne, a Canadian manufacturer of armored personnel carriers and light tactical vehicles, the Ghurka RPV can ram through chained gates and drive in water up to 30-inches deep. It can also withstand 7mm armor-piercing rounds. And it’s packing heat: the 6.7 liter V8 turbodiesel delivers 300hp and 660 Ib.-ft. of torque, as well as a top speed of 70mph. The only catch? It costs $278,000. But, hey, you can’t put a price on indestructibility."
/

9 comments:

PO'd American said...

Without a turret and some awesome firepower it's just another rolling target. No thanks to the price tag.

Anonymous said...

But is it hardened to withstand an EMP pulse?

GaryM said...

I can't put a price on indestructibility, but apparently my wife can! :-(

Sean said...

A bucks worth of gas, 50 cents worth of motor oil, an empty wine bottle, and a rag, a little courage, and it's gone. Armor. Blind, Halt, and Destroy.

Anonymous said...

I sure you can build something on your own for a lot less that may not look as good but still can ram through chained gates and drive in water up to 30-inches deep withstand incoming and packs heat, might not be street legal today but when SHTF time comes, anything and everything will be legal, but that still don't mean I wouldn't want one of these if I could afford it, don't ya know!

Anonymous said...

If I actually had $278000, I think I'd be better off buying land and setting up a self sustaining homestead FAAAARRR away from the city.

Meantime, I wish you well with your Saturday Yard Sale. I wish I could be there, even if was to shake Mike's hand one more time.
Maybe you could post the leftovers on Monday and let people bid/buy them through PayPuke.

BMWoodman
III-per

Chiu ChunLing said...

You know, I'm always going to bet on those who know how to endure without depending for their survival on the products of a civilization that will no longer exist in any recognizable form, but that's just me.

Not saying it's not a cool vehicle to have right up until things actually get bad.

Anonymous said...

$278k would buy me a nice place, with money left over for several old Toyota 4WDs.
--Tennessee Budd

B-4 said...

Gucci-fied junk, for wantabees. B-4