Thursday, April 11, 2013

And I thought it was just lead and brass that was in short supply.

Cracks Showing in the Physical Silver Market: Tulving Runs OUT of 2013 Silver Eagles As The U.S. Mint Begins Rationing Ag.
Also: US Mint Sells Nearly 1 Million Silver Eagles Monday, Begins Rationing Sales.
The reader who forwarded these links commented:
A Tallahassee, FL coin dealer was quoted today as saying that he was having a really hard time getting junk (well worn, circulated, pre-1964) silver coins in at all. The junk silver supply seems really stressed right now.

3 comments:

Dakota said...

They have been melting "junk" silver for several years at a very high rate. I would imagine that it is getting a bit harder to find.

They will get a bunch more if they stop keeping the price artificially low and start paying for it.

Crustyrusty said...

People know FRNs are a joke and are preparing accordingly. I have a decent amout of silver; I just wish I could find some ammo that didn't cost me my left gonad....

Maddawg308 said...

I still find junk silver all the time at the local flea market. Prices aren't as bad as you'd think, I think most of the local flea market sellers don't know what silver is up to these days.