Saturday, January 8, 2011

Of Oaths and Loyalties

T.L. Davis' latest.

There is a moment to decide where one stands, behind the barricades of totalitarianism, or in front of the citizens one is sworn to protect. There is an oath and it doesn't mean much to people today. It means nothing to more than half of the civilian government. They are just words they hide behind when they commit their crimes against the people and the only thing that allows them to do it is the cowardice of the law enforcement personnel who tolerate it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a LEO, but I have taken an oath, and I'm going to keep it.

Scout Oath:
On my honor, I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country, and to obey the Scout Law. To help other people at all times, to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

Scout Law:
A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.

Anonymous said...

The oath is simply a loyalty oath today. That isn't what the words mean but it's what the politicians understand it to be, as well as the middle managers.