Saturday, December 4, 2010

Quote of the month (perhaps the year): Adopting the "Never-Sell-A-Gun" Philosophy in a "Tinkerbelle Economy."


Ranger Rick sends this marvelous quote --

From View from the Porch:

Jim at The Travis McGee Reader is discussing going to a gun show loophole this weekend and closes with this piece of condensed awesome:

When the world was a better place, I'd always toss in a few pieces I was tired of for trading stock. No more. I and most of my comrades have adopted the never-sell-a-gun philosophy. We keep them all on grounds that the Messers Bernanke and Geithner can't press a computer key and create 60 billion Colts and Winchesters out of thin air.

Win!


4 comments:

Scott J said...

My sickness is such I tend to develop an emotional attachment.

Case in point: My NAA Guardian .380.

The Taurus TCP was recently introduced and is a better design but I cannot bring myself to sell the Guardian. I have carried it so much and know it so well.

Tam said...

Not that it really matters one way or the other, but if you're going to quote someone else's post in its entirety, netiquette would indicate a link. FWIW...

pdxr13 said...

There are limits to the quantity of firearms that I can "reasonably" take care of in present circumstances.

When the extra bedroom has been fortified as an "almost-safe room" and rifle racks installed at ankle and shoulder height are completely full.

When I have enough firearms to equip every adult I consider trustworthy with a bolt action, semi-auto, .22 rifle, 12 ga pump, a centerfire pistol and a flare gun as well as harnesses/holsters/ammunition/cleaning kit.

Selling a few extra pieces to simplify the collection to the most standard types of ammunition, or to semi-standardize on an MBR so that magazines are common among fishing buddies is a decent reason to sell valuable collectable items. Trade-not-sell might be more acceptable. Trading with an objective is important.


Maintaining diversification in investments is a good way to minimize overall risk. Gold, silver, steel, copper, lead, polymers, tax stamps, can all be good investments. Please consult a financial professional as well as a reputable weapon and PM dealer before investing.

Cheers. verification word: "oiledupe"

Anonymous said...

Durable goods first (guns, clothing, food, water, etc).
Gold & silver second.
Gov't & fiat (stocks, bonds) paper investments last.

B Woodman
III-per