Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Praxis: Sweet Home Alabama. An All-Alabama AR platform.

I was at the range the other day scrounging brass and lead when I noticed a shooter with a well turned-out AR. Upon inquiry, he was kind enough to show me the rifle and commented that he had it built here in Alabama from in-state components with the lower receiver coming from MHT Defense in Wedowee and the upper and assembly of the weapon by Red Dot Arms in the Birmingham suburb of Alabaster. When I feel a bit better, I intend to check out these establishments and will give a review of their operations and products in these pages when I can.

3 comments:

DrEsquire said...

Hey Dutch, I have been following your blog since we talked at the range about the AR. Have even linked to your blog already.

Eric

Anonymous said...

A good question to ask is where they get their barrels. Barrel production tends to be higher-threshold, so fewer makers.

RSR

Anonymous said...

We have a similar outfit here in the Buckeye State, called Ares Arms. They manufacture uppers, lowers and complete rifles in Medina County.

I've made it a point to acquire one of their M4's.

31B20